You can start making money as a freelance writer, editor, copy editor, etc. today!
If you wanted to freelance as an editor, writer, etc., wouldn't you like to know up front what those who hire freelancers look for, need, think, don't like, etc.? This ebook interviews industry professionals who tell you all this -- and so much more!
0.3MB PDF File
Want to work from home as an editorial freelancer, ie, freelance as a writer, editor, copy editor, copywriter, proofreader?
I've been a freelance writer since 1993. I also owned an editorial staffing agency in New York City from 1996-2004; so, I've been on both sides of the hiring desk. After years of hearing freelancers express the same doubts and ask the same questions, I decided to get some answers from those in the know -- those who hire freelance writers, editors, copywriters, copy editors, proofreaders, etc.
This ebook includes interviews with industry professionals who hire freelance writers, editors, proofreaders, graphic designers, etc. They answered the following eight questions. It gives inside information on what they look for, what turns them off, what make them say "Yes!", etc. It helps you to avoid the mistakes many make and land freelance gigs easier.
8 QUESTIONS PROFESSIONALS WHO HIRE FREELANCERS ANSWERED
1. In your industry, what skills do you generally seek in freelancers (education, experience, number of years in industry, etc.)?
2. Under what circumstances does your organization hire freelancers? How often?
3. Do most of your freelancers come from in-house referrals, staffing agencies, direct contact, or other means?
4. How do you decide what rate to pay? For example, is it determined by departmental budget, type of project, agency fee, etc.?
5.What advice would you offer freelancers to get their foot in the door?
6.If you could tell freelancers one thing they should not do when contacting you, what would it be?
7. How do you like to be contacted?
8. Other comments, suggestions, feedback.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of what you'll find inside. There are so many industries and so many ways to use your editorial skills that it is impossible to list them. Now, all you have to do is figure out which market you want to target and how to reach them.
After reading this e-book, you will be armed with enough concrete information to begin and sustain a successful freelance career.
Yuwanda Black, Publisher
P.S.: Want to start a successful freelance writing career, work from home and set your own rates? See all Inkwell Editorial Titles on e-Junkie.